TEC175: Are AI art generators creating art? Who is the artist in this case? Dom Bettinelli and Pat Scott discuss art and technology and the limits of artificial intelligence in creating art or assisting artists in its creation. Plus Amazon dark patterns and smart thermostat’s unexpected strains.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen to this episode and subscribe on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Midjourney’s enthralling AI art generator goes live for everyone | PCWorld
- How to make AI art: DALL-E mini, AI Dungeon, and more | PCWorld
- Is DALL-E’s art borrowed or stolen? | Engadget
- Can AI Create True Art? – Scientific American Blog Network
- Amazon agrees to drop Prime cancellation ‘dark patterns’ in Europe – TechCrunch
- Smart thermostats inadvertently strain electric power grids | Cornell Chronicle
- 1,500 Tesla Powerwall owners have already joined the new virtual power plant in California – Electrek
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Be part of the StarQuest Discord community at SQPN.com/discord
- Email us feedback or comments to [email protected]
Picks of the Week:
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.
Disclaimer: Hosts, panelists, and guests may have a financial interest in the companies discussed through investments or other means. Their opinions and recommendations are not affected and do not present a conflict of interest. We offer this statement in the interest of full disclosure.