TEC174: Should autonomous weapons ever be developed? Dom Bettinelli, Fr. Joseph Sund, and Victor Lams discuss the morality and ethics and the Church’s response, and perhaps the inevitability of weapons that think for themselves.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen to this episode and subscribe on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Push to ban ‘killer robots’ gets a boost from the Vatican and the pope – Catholic Review
- Machine Gun Integrated into Robot Dog – YouTube
- Slaughterbots – YouTube
- Ukraine Unveils Mini “Terminator” Ground Robot Equipped With Machine Gun | ZeroHedge
- Terrorist Groups, Artificial Intelligence, and Killer Drones – War on the Rocks
- Google fires AI engineer Blake Lemoine, who claimed its LaMDA 2 AI is sentient – The Verge
- Apple CarPlay could be a trojan horse into the automotive industry
- Hasbro will put your face on a Power Ranger (or Black Panther or Spider-Man) for $60 – The Verge
- Chess robot breaks seven-year-old’s finger during tournament in Russia – The Verge
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Be part of the StarQuest Discord community at SQPN.com/discord
- Email us feedback or comments to [email protected]
Picks of the Week:
- Victor: Joystick Replacement for Joycon for Nintendo Switch
- Fr. Joseph: Lutron Caseta Deluxe Smart Dimmer Switch Kit
- Dom: Bartender 4 – Take control of your Menu bar
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.
Disclaimer: Hosts, panelists, and guests may have a financial interest in the companies discussed through investments or other means. Their opinions and recommendations are not affected and do not present a conflict of interest. We offer this statement in the interest of full disclosure.