TEC170: Is putting a deceased loved ones voice in your smart assistant a step too far? Dom Bettinelli, Jack Baruzzini, and Victor Lams discuss the ethical and tastefulness limits of deepfaking, plus more tech news and picks of the week.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen to this episode and subscribe on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- GPS Narrated Audio Driving Tour Apps | GyPSy Guide
- Alexa will soon be able to read stories as your dead grandma – TechCrunch
- New York state passes first-ever ‘right to repair’ law for electronics – The Verge
- Apple Confirms iPad Will No Longer Be Supported as a Home Hub in iOS 16 – MacRumors
- Netflix Confirms Plans For Ad-Supported Service, Begins Second Round of Layoffs – Slashdot
- Cryptocurrency tech’s security weaknesses could compromise how it runs: DARPA : NPR
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Be part of the StarQuest Discord community at SQPN.com/discord
- Email us feedback or comments to [email protected]
Picks of the Week:
- Jack: iPad Pro USB C Hub, 7-in-1 Adapter
- Victor: BAOFENG UV-5X (UV-5G) GMRS Radio, Long Range Walkie Talkies
- Dom: Stay for Mac
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.
Disclaimer: Hosts, panelists, and guests may have a financial interest in the companies discussed through investments or other means. Their opinions and recommendations are not affected and do not present a conflict of interest. We offer this statement in the interest of full disclosure.