ACH144: Gary Cooper was one of the biggest stars in Hollywood and lived a life reflective of that status, including some moral failings. But Tom and Noëlle tell us that eventually Cooper began to live up to the heroes he portrayed in his films and even experienced a profound Catholic conversion.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen to this episode and follow on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Gary Cooper, Ernest Hemingway and Our Lady of Fatima| National Catholic Register
- Gary Cooper’s Authenticity| National Catholic Register
- From the Archives: Gary Cooper Dies of Cancer at 60 – Los Angeles Times
- Gary Cooper – Wikipedia
- Learn about our upcoming pilgrimages to important and unforgettable Catholic holy sites
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac. To find other books about this and other topics covered in the podcast, please visit the American Catholic History store. Your purchases there help support the show.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.