SCI022: The Thylacine, aka the Tasmanian Tiger or Tassie Tiger, is extinct, but as Caroline tells Lindsay and Lino, scientists now think it may be possible to bring them back. How is that possible? Will they still be the same animal? And is it moral and ethical to do so even if we can?
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen and subscribe on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer Let’s Science. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- No Longer Science Fiction: De-Extinction of the Tasmanian Tiger Moves One Step Closer
- De-extinction: Is it really possible to bring extinct animals back from the dead? – ABC News
- If you enjoy Let’s Science, check out Caroline and Lindsay and Lino’s other show, Catholics of Oz.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Email us feedback or comments to [email protected]
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.