ACH143: The first Mass celebrated in America may have been celebrated in Eastertide in Florida in 1513. Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell the story of Ponce de Leon’s expedition to the unexplored land, which first brought Catholicism to these shores centuries before independence.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen to this episode and follow on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Juan Ponce de León – HISTORY
- 1500’s | Diocese of St. Augustine
- Ponce de León : Florida’s First Spanish Explorer
- “Ponce de Leon’s First Voyage and Discovery of Florida,” The Florida Historical Society Quarterly
Vol. 14, No. 1, History of Juan Ponce de Leon’s Voyages to Florida (Jul., 1935)
- Florida’s Catholic heritage – The Catholic Sun
- Juan Ponce de León – Wikipedia
- Learn about our upcoming pilgrimages to important and unforgettable Catholic holy sites
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac. To find other books about this and other topics covered in the podcast, please visit the American Catholic History store. Your purchases there help support the show.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.