SCI016: That’s no moon! Caroline tells Lindsay and Lino that astronomers have discovered a quasi-moon companion of Earth that may in fact be a piece of the Moon that broke off from it eons ago. Plus NASA’s mission to defend our planet from killer space rocks.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen and subscribe on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer Let’s Science. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Lunar-like silicate material forms the Earth quasi-satellite (469219) 2016 HO3 Kamoʻoalewa | Communications Earth & Environment
- A ‘quasi-moon’ asteroid companion of Earth that may actually be a moon relic | Space
- A space rock called Kamoʻoalewa may be a piece of the moon | Science News
- If you enjoy Let’s Science, check out Caroline and Lindsay and Lino’s other show, Catholics of Oz.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Email us feedback or comments to [email protected]
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.