ACH127: Frank Capra is beloved for his Christmas classic “It’s A Wonderful Life,” and in this revisitation of the famed director, Tom and Noëlle Crowe remind us that his distinctly Catholic vision of God, truth, and humanity gave his films the ability to counteract the meanness of the world.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen to this episode and follow on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- American Catholic History #27: Frank Capra
- The Catholic Vision of Frank Capra
- Frank Capra vs. the Devil
- On Religion – After 70 years, It's (still) a Wonderful (Catholic) Life in Frank Capra's epic – Columns
- Frank Capra – Wikipedia
- Resolved by Faith: Frank Capra
- Capra's Comedy of Triumph | EWTN
- Frank Capra’s Forgotten Christmas Classic
- Frank Capra made It’s A Wonderful Life after an experience of deepening faith | Catholic Strength
- New Again: Frank Capra – Interview Magazine
- The "People"
- Learn about our upcoming pilgrimages to important and unforgettable Catholic holy sites
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac. To find other books about this and other topics covered in the podcast, please visit the American Catholic History store. Your purchases there help support the show.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.