MYS187: It’s New Year’s Eve, so Cy Kellett of Catholic Answers Live is asking Jimmy Akin weird questions from listeners, including are there dinosaurs in heaven, can angels lie, are we in a rebooted universe, whether aliens and humans could marry, and much more.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Watch this episode and subscribe on YouTube
Help us continue to offer Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
- 01:29 – From a five-year-old: Will there be dinosaurs in heaven?
- 02:47 – In Tobit the angel Raphael says that he is their kinsman. In Tobit 5:13 he claims to be the son of a man named Hananiah. Is he lying? It never says that he eats, wouldn’t Tobiah notice that or is just assumed that he does?
- 06:09 – Could we be living in a rebooted universe? What if in Revelation, John saw a previous universe in which Jesus was born for the first time by Mary as in Revelation 12 and then once he was swept up to God, that rebooted our universe so that in the universe we live in Jesus has existed since the beginning. All the while, the previous universe existed as an alternative timeline which John saw destroyed and wrote it down in Revelation?
- 10:42 – Why is it in the Gospel of Matthew, Jesus is clothed with a robe of scarlet then In Mark and John it is purple?
- 18:26 – On a previous show, you spoke before on the question of whether marriage would be possible between humans and aliens. The answer hinged on whether procreation would be possible. What if procreation were possible but the resulting offspring were sterile (like mules)? Would that affect the possibility of marriage?
- 21:08 – Is raising your arm telekinesis? Is telekinesis limited to moving our own body? How do pure spirits move objects?
- 27:32 – If we happen to colonize Mars in the future would we have to update the Missal to replace “Earth” with “Mars”?
- 30:40 – There are loving Catholics that state the CCC supports a vegan diet. Their reasoning? The CCC forbids us causing animals needless suffering, they say we don’t need to eat them to live, therefore killing them for food is causing them needless suffering. Your thoughts?
- 37:42 – What are the differences in blessings? I bless myself and my children. How effective is that vs. a blessing done by a priest?
- 41:23 – What happened to Christ’s foreskin from His circumcision, clipped fingernails, hair He shed, or anything else he left behind containing His DNA? We know that His humanity is sacred, but on a practical level, how far do we take that in our understanding of it?
Links for this episode:
- Please spread the word about the podcast. Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Purchase the books and other material from this and other episodes at the Mysterious World Bookstore.
- Join the conversation at the Starquest Facebook page and the Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World Facebook page.
- Send your feedback or comments to mysteri[email protected] or send a tweet to @mys_world
- You can also leave a voice message on the Mysterious Feedback Line at (619) 738-4515
This Episode is Brought to You By:
Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World is brought to you in part through the generous support of Aaron Vurgason Electric and Automation at AaronV.com. Making Connections for Life for your automation and smart home needs in north and central Florida.
Catechism Class, a dynamic weekly podcast journey through the Catechism of the Catholic Church by Greg and Jennifer Willits. It’s the best book club, coffee talk, and faith study group, all rolled into one. Find it in any podcast directory.
Fiorvento Law, PLLC, specializing in adult guardianships and conservatorships, probate and estate planning matters. Accepting clients throughout Michigan. Taking into account your individual, healthcare, financial and religious needs. Visit FiorventoLaw.com
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.