ACH123: Lawrence Welk was a North Dakota farm boy-turned-musician who built TV juggernaut that lasted for 31 years. Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell us how Welk built a career offering wholesome entertainment that fit with his devout Catholic faith and the virtues he valued.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen to this episode and follow on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Lawrence Welk and Catholic business ethics – Legatus – Ann Arbor, MI
- Lawrence Welk – Wikipedia
- Lawrence Welk, a bandleader for millions, dies – Baltimore Sun
- Lawrence Welk on Living with Shyness
- Lawrence Welk: The King of Musical Corn – Reading Eagle – Google News Archive Search
- Learn about our upcoming pilgrimages to important and unforgettable Catholic holy sites
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac. To find other books about this and other topics covered in the podcast, please visit the American Catholic History store. Your purchases there help support the show.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.