ACH115: Orestes Brownson was one of the most important American intellects in the 19th century and his writings were imbued with his Catholic thinking. Tom and Noëlle Crowe delve into Brownson’s writings on two topics: the significance of America and slavery.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen to this episode and follow on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Orestes Brownson Society – Brownson’s Writings
- Documentation: Who Was Orestes Brownson — Profile of an Orthodox Radical
- The Enduring Brownson | The Russell Kirk Center
- Kirk Essay “The American Mission” | The Russell Kirk Center
- Making America Great Again: Orestes Brownson on National Greatness ~ The Imaginative Conservative
- Orestes Brownson (1803–1876)
- CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Orestes Augustus Brownson
- Learn about our upcoming pilgrimages to important and unforgettable Catholic holy sites
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac. To find other books about this and other topics covered in the podcast, please visit the American Catholic History store. Your purchases there help support the show.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.