SCI007: For the first time, an asteroid has been named for Aboriginal elder Uncle Ghillar Michael Anderson because of his efforts at connecting modern astronomy with ancient understandings of the sky. Plus Caroline and Lindsay discuss the billionaire space race.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen and subscribe on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer Let’s Science. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Asteroid named in honour of Ghillar Michael Anderson for the Aboriginal elder’s contribution to astronomy – ABC News
- Lindsay and Caroline’s interview with Ghillar Michael Anderson on the Catholics of Oz
- As space billionaires take flight, ‘the right stuff’ for space travel enters a new era | Space
- Mars methane mystery may be starting to clear up | Space
- Methane in plume of Saturn’s moon Enceladus could be sign of alien life, study suggests | Space
- Beetle that can walk upside down under water surface filmed in Australia in world first | Insects | The Guardian
- If you enjoy Let’s Science, check out Caroline and Lindsay and Lino’s other show, Catholics of Oz.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Email us feedback or comments to [email protected]
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.