ACH103: Fr. Juan Padilla was a Franciscan missionary who traveled in what became the USA as part of Coronado’s search for the 7 Cities of Gold. Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell us that Fr. Juan’s search was for souls with whom to share the Good News and he would give his life in that pursuit.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- The first martyr: Franciscan friar Juan de Padilla and his mourners passed this way 500 years ago
- CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Juan de Padilla
- Juan de Padilla – Kansas Historical Society
- Learn about our upcoming pilgrimages to important and unforgettable Catholic holy sites
- TSHA | Padilla, Juan de
- Juan Padilla | Spanish missionary | Britannica
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac. To find other books about this and other topics covered in the podcast, please visit the American Catholic History store. Your purchases there help support the show.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.