ACH088: As great as St. Patrick is and important to Ireland, as Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell us, the celebration of St. Patrick’s Day didn’t become the cultural phenomenon it is until Irish-Americans essentially created it and exported it around the world.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Oldest St Patrick’s Day parade is in the US
- Where was America’s first St. Patrick’s Day celebration? – The Washington Post
- Why did St. Patrick’s Day become such a big deal in America?
- St. Patrick’s Day: History, Facts, Traditions, Parades & Origins Of Saint Patrick – HistoryExtra
- How America Invented St. Patrick’s Day | Time
- How St. Patrick’s Day Was Made in America – HISTORY
- Why is St Patrick’s Day so popular in America? – BBC Bitesize
- American Catholic History pilgrimage to the Kentucky Catholic Holy Land in 2021
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac. To find other books about this and other topics covered in the podcast, please visit the American Catholic History store. Your purchases there help support the show.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.