TEC098: What is the best tool for fixing a friend’s computer or connecting to your own computer remotely? Dom, Jack, and Thomas discuss the options for remote access software and give their recommendation. Plus the trends from CES 2021.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Subscribe using the RSS feed | Subscribe using Apple Podcasts | Subscribe using Google Podcasts | Subscribe using Stitcher | Subscribe by Email | Listen and subscribe on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- TeamViewer: The Remote Desktop Software
- Splashtop Remote Access
- Screens for macOS
- Jump Desktop
- Thomas’s blog post about setting up remote access on the command line
- Stupid Design–The Needlessly Useless Webcam Activity Light – YouTube
- The tech trends we saw kick off at CES 2021 – The Verge
- Apple Launches New Nationwide Racial Equity and Justice Initiative Projects – MacRumors
- Fitbit Joins Google
Picks of the Week:
- Jack’s Tip: Encourage and teach non-tech savvy family and friends to troubleshoot their own tech problems.
- Thomas: MilkyTracker for making chiptunes
- Dom’s Tip: Stop unwanted text spam on your AT&T phone by asking Advanced Technical Support to turn off the email-to-SMS gateway.
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.
Disclaimer: Hosts, panelists, and guests may have a financial interest in the companies discussed through investments or other means. Their opinions and recommendations are not affected and do not present a conflict of interest. We offer this statement in the interest of full disclosure.