ACH079: Carl Schmitt was a great American artist and thinker of the 20th century. Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell us that his Catholic faith informed his understanding of how nature, and our ability to produce things like art, fit into the designs and plans of God.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Harold Hart Crane | National Portrait Gallery
- About the Artist — Carl Schmitt Foundation
- Portrait of the artist as an unknown man – WAG MAGAZINE
- Carl Schmitt (artist) – Wikipedia
- The Paintings of an American Catholic Master, Carl Schmitt
- American Catholic History pilgrimage to the Kentucky Catholic Holy Land in 2021
- The Catholic artist Carl Schmitt’s enduring vision of beauty
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac. To find other books about this and other topics covered in the podcast, please visit the American Catholic History store. Your purchases there help support the show.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.