MYS132: In the late 1960s, Carlos Castaneda claimed to reveal the drug-fueled, mystical teachings of a Native American sorcerer, launching the New Age movement. Jimmy Akin and Dom Bettinelli explore who Castaneda was and what he taught and the truth behind the mysteries surrounding him.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Subscribe using the RSS feed | Subscribe using Apple Podcasts | Subscribe using Google Podcasts | Subscribe using Stitcher | Subscribe by Email | Listen and subscribe on YouTube
Help us continue to offer Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Carlos Castaneda’s books
- Richard de Mille’s book Castaneda’s Journey
- Multi-author book The Don Juan Papers: Further Castaneda Controversies
- Amy Wallace’s book The Sorcerer’s Apprentice (Jimmy has not read this)
- Salon article on Castaneda
- 1973 Time article (Thanks to Mysterious Irregular Fr. Matthias, O.S.B., from Saint Vincent Archabbey for helping me find the 1973 article.)
- Carlos Castaneda
- Jimson Weed
- Tensegrity/Cleargreen website
- Tensegrity Video
- Pathological Lying
- Plastic Shamans
- Please spread the word about the podcast. Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Purchase the books and other material from this and other episodes at the Mysterious World Bookstore.
- Join the conversation at the Starquest Facebook page and the Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World Facebook page.
- Send your feedback or comments to [email protected] or send a tweet with the hashtag of #mysteriousfeedback
This Episode is Brought to You By:
Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World is brought to you in part through the generous support of Aaron Vurgason Electric and Automation at AaronV.com. Making Connections for Life for your automation and smart home needs in north and central Florida.
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.