MYS115: In 1794, a Virginia family began experiencing supernatural manifestations that did not cease until they summoned Catholic priests to help. Jimmy Akin and Dom Bettinelli ask whether it really happened, what could explain the manifestations, whether it was ghosts or demons or both or neither.
Help us continue to offer Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Fr. Joseph Finotti’s 1879 book The Mystery of the Wizard Clip
- 1873 Life of Demetrius Augustine Gallitzin
- 1868 Memoir on the Life and Character of Gallitzin
- 1904 article in W. Virginia Historical Magazine Quarterly
- Wizard Clip
- Fr. Demetrius Gallitzin (1)
- Fr. Demetrius Gallitzin (2)
- Official site for Fr. Gallitzin’s canonization
- 1945 comic book story about Fr. Gallitzin
- American Catholic History on Fr. Gallitzin
- Please spread the word about the podcast. Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Purchase the books and other material from this and other episodes at the Mysterious World Bookstore.
- Join the conversation at the Starquest Facebook page and the Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World Facebook page.
- Send your feedback or comments to [email protected] or send a tweet with the hashtag of #mysteriousfeedback
Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World is brought to you in part through the generous support of Aaron Vurgason Electric and Automation at AaronV.com. Making Connections for Life for your automation and smart home needs in north and central Florida.
And The Light Series, by Jacqueline Brown, a best-selling Catholic fiction series that will leave you asking “Who would I become if the world fell away?” Enter code MysteriousWorld at jacqueline-brown.com for 10% off.