TEC072: How do you get started with making your home into a smart home? Dom Bettinelli, Pat Scott, and Fr. Andrew Kinstetter start the first of an occasional series of episodes diving into the smart home topic by asking some basic questions, like Why do it?
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Smart House | Disney Movies
- Tom’s Hardware
- Facebook to let users turn off political adverts
- Unsubscribe: The $0-budget movie that ‘topped the US box office’
- TikTok App to Stop Accessing User Clipboards After Being Caught in the Act by iOS 14 – MacRumors
- iOS 14 flags TikTok, 53 other apps spying on iPhone clipboards – Naked Security
- Microsoft is permanently closing all physical retail stores | VentureBeat
- There’s a simple trick to watch YouTube videos without any ads – The Verge
Picks of the Week:
- Pat: Heatsoft ADCS (PC), StackPath (Mac), Beyond Compare (Mac)
- Fr. Andrew: Downcast podcast player for iOS and Mac
- Dom: JBL Boombox 2 Waterproof Portable Bluetooth Speaker
Disclaimer: Hosts, panelists, and guests may have a financial interest in the companies discussed through investments or other means. Their opinions and recommendations are not affected and do not present a conflict of interest. We offer this statement in the interest of full disclosure.