ACH024: William Grace was an Irish immigrant to the US, founder of a successful company that remains to this day, a generous philanthropist, and first Catholic mayor of New York City. Tom and Noëlle Crowe explore how Grace stood up to political corruption and worked to make a better life for the people of his businesses and city.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- William Russell Grace – Wikipedia
- William Russell Grace Facts
- W.R. Grace, the Businessman Mayor
- Know Your Mayors: William Russell Grace – The Bowery Boys: New York City History
- CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: William Russell Grace
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]