ACH013: Henriette DeLille was a woman of mixed race in antebellum New Orleans who rejected the social pressure to become a concubine. Tom and Noëlle Crowe reveal how she instead followed her faith to found the 2nd religious order for black Catholic women in the US.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Henriette DeLille – Wikipedia
- Henriette Delille Sisters of the Holy Family
- Cause for Canonization site for Henriette DeLille
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]