MYS045: In 1912, a rare book written in an unknown alphabet containing bizarre illustrations was revealed by Wilfrid Voynich and despite decades of effort, it has never been deciphered. Jimmy Akin and Dom Bettinelli discuss the theories for what it is, including very recent claims made about the book.
Help us continue to offer Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Complete Scan of the Voynich Manucript on Internet Archive
- Wikipedia on the Voynich Manuscript
- “The Voynich Code” (documentary on Amazon Prime)
- Yale University Home Page for the Manuscript
- Probing the Statistical Properties of Unknown Texts: Application to the Voynich Manuscript
- Please spread the word about the podcast. Leave us a review on iTunes!
- Purchase the books and other material from this and other episodes at the Mysterious World Bookstore.
- Check out Jimmy Akin’s blog and Dom Bettinelli’s blog.
- Join the conversation at the Starquest Facebook page and the Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World Facebook page.
- Send your feedback or comments to [email protected] or send a tweet with the hashtag of #mysteriousfeedback